I got through Monday sitting in the surgery waiting room watching YouTube clips of Tom Snyder interviewing Harlan Ellison. I started taking notes on audio I wanted to share and this episode is the result. The audio comes from several different interviews. Tom interviewed Harlan quite a few times over the years. I find what both of them said to be quite fascinating and profound. In my opinion, this is a must-hear episode for any creative person.
- Clip 1: They WILL write
- Clip 2: It just gets to be a drag after a while
- Clip 3: Creative Interference
- Clip 4: They can't buy my soul but they can rent my talent
- Clip 5: I'll kill to keep those words that way
- Clip 6: People get used to garbage
- Clip 7: Life is not a John Wayne movie
- Clip 8: Things come too easily / Simplifying ideas distorts them
- Clip 9: What are people afraid of?
- Clip 10: They know the truth
- Clip 11: Who else you mad at these days?
- Clip 12: Cocaine Freaks and Intellectuals
- Clip 13: Ego Feed
- Clip 14: Television keeps people bland
- Clip 15: Shoot him down! He's green!
- Clip 16: My version of throwing eggs at them